Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade character sheet, etc.

I suppose the online Character Builder has rendered other kinds of character sheet obsolete, but then again, maybe not (yet). Currently the CB does not allow you to upload a picture of your own for your character; you have to choose a picture from among a selection of some pretty uninspiring ones. In any event, here's my own homemade character sheet:


The top part of the front side is inspired by the old school AD&D character sheet and the rest is based more or less on the one in the back of PHB1, with just a little more glitz and pizazz. The back side is inspired by another homemade sheet by someone whose name I can't now recall. I apologize for the crappy scanned-in quality, but Blogger doesn't seem to allow for uploading pdf's or Word-type files. I made this one using OpenOffice, which allows me to fill it out on the computer using really cool fonts (I have a serious font fetish) and print it out, instead of having to fill it out by hand.

Another useful thing I cooked up is what I call a "session worksheet." I thought having something that allows you to track power expenditure, hp losses and gains, action points, conditions, etc., without having to mark up your character sheet would be a good thing, so here's what I came up with:


As you can see, it's designed for three encounters, which is about average for a single D&D session.

If anyone's interested in trying out either (or both) of these, feel free to leave a note in the comment box and I can email you the files.

No comments:

Post a Comment